The Maryland neurologist who invented XLNTbrain Sport™, an emerging online- and mobile-based concussion management program, is determined to advance concussion testing and protocols worldwide.
(Newswire.net — December 6, 2016) National Harbor, MD –Neurologist Harry Kerasidis, M.D. has recently been named Chief Executive Officer, after a restructuring of the corporate ownership and operations for the concussion management software and service XLNTbrain Sport™, based in Maryland.
As part of this move, Dr. Kerasidis said there are a few key shifts the privately-held corporation will make in order to help the clinical and sports markets engage in advanced concussion management across all levels and fields of play.
- Expand research efforts with universities and associations.
- Continue penetration into athletic programs offered through schools, universities and other youth and professional sports organizations.
- Adapt software for other applications, languages.
- Former Sales Director Chad Watkins upshifts to Chief Operating Officer.
- The business will continue to operate under the XLNTbrain Sport™ brand, however the new corporation is Concussion Management LLC.
Dr. Kerasidis, who conceived the XLNTbrain software platform delivered online and via mobile devices, said these shifts will help make the program more readily available.
“There are a number of opportunities to expand distribution because of the demand for research applications, and how well our core system database helps achieve various research objectives,” said Dr. Kerasidis, who has also furthered the understanding of gender differences in sport concussion using XLNTbrain Sport™. “While we focus on expanding in research and the schools, we have the flexibility of re-engineering our platform for other markets.”
The subscription-based XLNTbrain Sport™ currently serves youth sports, student- and professional athletes, teams and athletic organizations from a variety of sports, including football, soccer, hockey, skiing among other collegiate and professional sports. The concussion protocol developed by Dr. Kerasidis either meets or exceeds the standards published by numerous medical associations, including:
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- International Conference on Concussion in Sport
- National Athletic Trainers Association
Dr. Kerasidis said XLNTbrain users benefit from his 25-year neurology career, having treated thousands of concussions.
“The software and service includes all aspects of concussion management, before and after injury through recovery, and provides the data necessary to assist healthcare professionals in making the determination to return-to-play,” Dr. Kerasidis said. “But it goes beyond baseline testing, and includes our 5-step progressive exertion, and return-to-play recovery protocol, along with a customized “return to learn” academic care plan. The symptom monitoring is also important to ensure that the athlete’s progressive activity is not worsening his condition during recovery.”
Dr. Kerasidis also said Watkins was a natural choice for helping oversee operations for XLNTbrain. Bringing a sports management attorney and ambassador of the XLNTbrain brand from the inception in February 2014, Watkins has led the growth in sales distribution, and customer training.
“Between the intelligence behind this technology and the opportunity in the market, there is a significant opportunity to expand,” Watkins said. “This new move only helps our existing subscriber base, and gives us a clear vision for how to tackle concussion.”
XLNTbrain Sport™ also includes:
- Video education that requires taking a quiz to acknowledge understanding
- Neuro-cognitive baseline testing that includes an emotional reactivity component
- Balance testing at baseline, time of injury, and through recovery
- Smartphone mobile sideline assessment app
- Return-to-play, return-to-learn recovery protocols
- Automated reporting to designated medical personnel
For more information on the XLNTbrain Complete Concussion Management program, register for a free information session.